Thursday, June 9, 2011

Busy, busy, and my worst critic

Summer vacation has been hectic so far to say the least. I've been doing something pretty much every day, including weekends. I have also started my photography classes. I've had some thoughts lately about my goals in life. I used to think it was great to know a little bit about alot of things. When in actuality, I should have stuck with one thing and learned alot about the one. Granted it's helpful to know about alot of things. But I feel like maybe I don't complete anything. And now that I'm doing the photography thing, I don't want people to think it's just a passing phase. I don't want to be treated like I'm not serious about it or professional. Maybe I'm just worrying for nothing. I do have alot of people who like my work. But I am always comparing myself to others that, granted, do have more experience and are seasoned veterans in the field. It's just frustrating sometimes and I really am my own worst critic.
But I am to the part of the classes that it's starting to be more hands on. Less technical and more creative. Well, actually it is technical...but there's more to it now. I've got to set my goals and really buckle down. it's been hard to keep on the daily routines with so many other things going on lately. I just need to focus.
There's my vent for the night. I think it's time to give it up and get some sleep. Lots of homework to get to tomorrow.
Later taters

No comments:

Post a Comment