Sunday, August 7, 2011

Killing Time

We got up early yesterday morning to head out to watch the "reveal" of an Extreme Makeover house. But of course when we got there, it turned out we were about 9 hours too early for the reveal. So, since Extreme Makeover Home Edition is one of our most favorite shows EVER and Ty Pennington is one of my husband's heroes, we went to sign up to volunteer. As luck would have it, anyone under 18 was not allowed to work which meant Marissa couldn't volunteer. And also as luck would have it, I wore sandals instead of closed toe shoes so I wasn't allowed to either. Which was okay. I didn't want Marissa to sit around by herself and be bored for who knows how long.
The house was amazingly beautiful from the outside and I can only imagine what the inside looked like. We weren't allowed inside but gladly listened to my hubby tell us all the amazing details. From the master suite to the themed rooms for the kids.
After my daughter and I sat there for so many hours and the heat just kept getting hotter and hotter, we decided to go eat somewhere in town since hubby was getting fed for free. Then after that, we made a trip to walmart just to kill time. Which turned out to be the theme for the entire day. As much as we were excited about being there and seeing the process and everything that goes on, if you're not actually volunteering or working with this kind of project, all you're going to do is kill time. We spent quite a few hours sitting in the car with the air conditioning running because the other several hours we sat outside in triple digit heat really zaps the energy out of ya.
In the meantime, hubby was living out a dream. He'd met Ty and the design team. He'd been filmed to be on the show. Ty took a pic with him. I can say I'm jealous that I didn't get to meet Ty, but I'm more thrilled that my hubby did get to.

Later that evening, we fought a massive crowd to see the reveal. The limo pulled through, the bus moved. Then they did it again.....and again....and again....So apparently they rehearse this stuff alot. lol FINALLY we got to see Ty and the rest of the design team from a distance and they did the actual reveal. The phrase my daughter and I kept using was "mass confusion" because the crowd was just clueless about what was going on, as were we. But it was still awesome to see. You just have to keep in mind that they are filming a tv show. So, it doesn't play out in real life like it does on TV. they have to make it look that way.
But what an amazing experience to get to witness and be involved in something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment