Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homecoming (the high school football variety)

It's been a fairly low-key weekend. Other than the fact that my daughter went to Homecoming at school last night. Which  meant an entire day of preparations. We had already purchased her dress about a week ago. My hubby always does the shaking his head thing when it comes to her dresses. My daughter is growing up too fast and I think some of the dresses she tries on don't grow with her. lol Poor thing. But she got the dress she really loved after two days of searching. She came home from school one day last week and said "you're not going to believe this." Which made me think...omg someone else has the same dress (insert sarcasm).  She tells me that the school does this video of "what not to wear".  And her dress was on it!
HAHAHA I couldn't help but laugh. I asked her why. The dress of course is strapless...so that's a no-go. But we knew that already and she had a short cardigan she wears over strapless or spaghetti strap dresses. Plus the dress was used for the example of being too short. ugh! That did kind of worry me because my daughter has some legs! And she did have to keep tugging it down a little. But they came to fingertip length so we were praying it would be okay. And once we got there last night and I saw some of the other girls in their dresses....she wasn't going to have a problem.
One of my friends (and neighbor) happens to do hair. My daughter bartered with her to have her hair done for babysitting time. And I have to say, her hair looked amazing!


Before homecoming, she and her friends wanted me to take some pictures (since I am in college for photography). So wouldn't ya know, it rained. I take tons of pictures outdoors because I love the lighting. Indoor lighting I haven't quite mastered yet (or night time pics either). But we did a few and the indoor pictures actually turned out better than the outdoor. Granted, I haven't done any editting as of yet. I was too tired last night to deal with it. 
I'm sure they had a great time. I'm still waiting to hear all the stories.

But anyway...here's a couple of the pics (pre-editting).

**These pictures are not to be used, copied, or altered in any way!!**



No comments:

Post a Comment